Sony AIBO [Artificial Intelligence Bot (Robot)], also meaning companion in Japanese.
The world witnessed the first robodog AIBO by Sony on may 11, 1999 but later the production stopped, and now sony came up with a new AIBO in 2018.
In November 2017, During CES, Las Vegas Sony announced a new generation of AIBO, available for the first time in 11 years.
Among all products of CES 2018 exhibition, AIBO is under the Top 10 New Revolutionary Products 2018
The Japanese electronics company, Sony not only announced but also showcased AIBO in the CES 2018.
Finally, On 11th January 2018, the fourth-generation model ERS-1000 was launched in Japan and The second lottery sale is on 6th February 2018 at 14:59
The AIBO robodog has 22 points of articulation and two cameras with various motion sensors that allow it to detect and interact with humans around.
AIBO has a battery life of 2 hours and takes 3 hours to recharge back.
The Exciting features which attract people toward AIBO are :
- The Robodog understands a handful of English language direction, including handshaking and command to sit.
- A camera inside AIBO nose record moments and can act as a CCTV when you are not at home.
- It can bark, sit, wag its tail, and will be able to connect to mobile networks.
- AIBO can also search its bone and pick it up.
- This Robodog has facial recognition so it can detect different members of your family and can tell people apart from an object like a bone.
- It can do fun tricks like find a ball or bone, lay down or give a high-five.
- AIBO’s OLED eyes—sparkling with a bright twinkle—speak volumes, continually giving you a window into its feelings.
- AIBO moves and gestures in 100 of ways.
- This robodog can sense a well-placed pat on the head, a scratch on the chin, or a gentle stroke down the back and will react and give expressions on sensing these.
- It has cloud storage. It can store all your memories and also stores all its experience.
- AIBO can also take pictures on your command.
- You can train AIBO to do new tricks and would also be able to add new tricks to its repertoire
with a visit to the AIBO store(upcoming).
- AIBO has a built-in 64-bit Quad-Core processor
- Built-in LTE and Wi-Fi
- It contains motors and gyroscopes to augment the 22 different articulated parts
- AIBO has speaker for robotic yips and yaps
- It has four microphones to pick up voice commands
- Sensors: Angular Velocity Sensor and Acceleration Sensor
- Moving Parts: Head: 3-axes, Mouth: 1-axis, Neck: 1-axis, Waist: 1-axis,Legs: 3-axes x 4,Ear: 1-axis x 2,Tail: 2-axes
- Software: AIBOLife
AIBO is now available only in Japan and cost 1740$. If you are interested in buying an AIBO, You can visit the online Sony store for AIBO.
Other than the one-time payment of 1740$, AIBO owners will have to pay 28$ every month for a period of 36 months for cloud storage.